Pre-Employment, Inc. is a consumer reporting agency and is required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq. (“FCRA”) to maintain the confidentiality of all consumer information.
Pre-Employment, Inc. obtains information on an individual consumer only upon the request of a user (employer) who has a permissible purpose under the FCRA to request information on that consumer in order to provide consumer reports. The FCRA requires a user for employment purposes to certify to us that it has a permissible purpose for the report and has obtained the written consent of the consumer to request information before we can supply the requested information. The user must submit to reasonable audits by us to confirm that it is, in fact, obtaining such consent. All users must certify that they have a permissible purpose to request a report such as credit, insurance, and renting an apartment. Our customers agree to keep your information confidential and secure.
We do not maintain a commercial database of consumer information.
Information gathered on any consumer in the course of our investigation may only be provided to the user authorized by the consumer or permitted by the FCRA or similar state law to receive the information. We cannot and do not share, sell or distribute consumer information with or to any third party other than the requesting party thereof. Any consumer, upon proper identification, has the right under the FCRA to request us to furnish to the consumer any and all information we may have on that consumer. The consumer has the right to dispute the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in the consumer’s file. The consumer’s rights under the FCRA may be obtained by contacting us or going to the FTC website at: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cred35.pdf.
However, we may be required, upon receipt of a court order, to release the information in civil litigation or as otherwise required by law, to disclose information regarding a consumer to law enforcement agencies.
We do not transmit information to third parties outside the United States or its territories, unless it is necessary to do so in the course of a background investigation (e.g., for international verifications).
Any questions regarding our policy may be directed to our Chief Privacy Officer at:
Telephone: 800-735-9555, ext. 102
Mailing address: 8700 Crownhill, Ste. 703, San Antonio, TX, 78209
Other privacy initiatives and procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Access to confidential consumer information is limited within Pre-Employment, Inc. to those who have a need to know the information: those obtaining and transmitting information on the consumer in the course of an investigation or those dealing with a consumer request for information or consumer disputes.
- Access to Pre-Employment, Inc.’s computer terminals, file cabinets, fax machines, trash bins, desktops, etc. is secure from unauthorized access.
- Pre-Employment, Inc. maintains a secure network to safeguard consumer information from internal and external threat.
- Any backup data is maintained in an encrypted form.
- Pre-Employment, Inc. maintains records on each request for information and identifies each user whorequested information on a consumer.
- Employees are prohibited from “browsing” files or databases without a business justification.
- Destruction of consumer information follows the Federal Trade Commission’s requirements that the information be unreadable upon disposal.